Liberate Your Inner Writer
24th November 2012 (Sat) and
25th November 2012 (Sun)
Time: 9.30am - 5.00 pm
Venue: Dunleary Suite, Royal Marine Hotel, Dunlaoghaire
Creative writing is a wonderful way to liberate the creative imagination and explore self expression in a safe and fun environment. This two day seminar takes a student-centred approach to creative writing, offering a range of strategies to help you develop as a writer. The emphasis is highly practical, with exercises creative visualisations and activities designed to ignite and sustain the writing impulse. The emphasis is on helping participants find their own direction and style through experiementation, practice and contructive feedback. Over this weekend we will explore both fiction and non-fiction themes. We will also look at how creative writing can liberate your inner wisdom and also be a source of tremendous personal growth and healing.
This seminar is both new or experienced writers who want to open the creative channel and get writing.
Over the two days you will:
- Find your unique ways to access your creative-inspirational channel;
- Learn to write from your heart rather than your head;
- Discover what is alive within you that yearns for expression;
- Practise an easy method to turn your inner critic into an ally;
- Know your gifts strengths and values and how they relate to your writing process;
- Work with a whole brain approach to writing;
- Explore both non-fiction and creative writing styles;
- Become more present and focused in your writing;
- Get clear on the core message/theme of your writing;
- Find your true writing voice.
For those interested in writing a book you will also receive a format to help you approach a publisher with a book proposal. At the end of the weekend you will come away with a much clearer idea about your writing project(s).
Steve Ahnael Nobel is a co-director of Alternatives - a not for profit organisation based in St. Jamesís Church, Piccadilly, London. In this capacity he has organised in the past 11 years well over 1000 author events. Steve Ahnael Nobel is also a coach who specialises in working with creative clients. many of his clients are actors, copy-writers, designers and playwrights. he understand the creative process from the viewpoint of author, coach and promoter. Steve is the author of three published books and is writing his fourth.